Skip to main content

Obi said, “We promised to build Nigeria; we did not promise to build a New Labour Party.

FIVERR EXCELads

MARCH 31 2024


The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 general elections, Mr Peter Obi, has broken his silence over his absence from the just concluded National Convention of the party held in Nnewi, his native Anambra State. Obi, who interacted with his supporters on X (formally Twitter), explained why he stayed away from the Nnewi convention. 



He expressed displeasure that the  Comrade Julius Abure-led National Working Committee (NWC) ignored his advice to consult more following concerns raised by key stakeholders ahead of the event. 

The former Governor of Anambra State, who expressed these views on his verified X Space hosted by Parallel Facts, explained that he was more passionate about building “a new Nigeria” than building a new LP.

Obi said, “We promised to build Nigeria; we did not promise to build a New Labour Party.

monetag

‘What I told party chaiman’

“When the chairman approached me about the convention, I appealed to him to consult all stakeholders, starting from Governor (Alex) Otti, Vice Presidential Candidate (Yusuf) Datti, to Senators, House of Reps members, gubernatorial candidates, and all other groups, for us to have NLC, TUC.

“It is documented for us to have a properly organised convention, starting with congresses, because we have to organise ourselves at the grassroots, where we have problems. It is after we organise ourselves that we can go into the convention.”

He also revealed that there was supposed to be a stakeholders meeting where positions would have been agreed on to accommodate the various interests that make up the party, but that this was not done. 

The 2023 LP presidential candidate said he has so far refrained from making public comments on allegations of financial impropriety against Abure because “we have written a competent, qualified auditor to audit the accounts of the Labour Party and our campaign.” 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I officially made it to 30 happy birthday to victor olawale

Good morning, world! 🌅 And more importantly… good morning to ME! It’s Sunday, January 11, 2026… and guess what? I officially made it to 30. Like… right now.  Fresh 30. Brand new day. Brand new decade. Still breathing. Still here. Still standing. Thirty feels like the universe just handed me the keys to the “adulting” car… but I’m still figuring out how to drive it without the music being too loud. 😂 This morning, as the sun is just coming up over Lagos, I’m sitting here thinking: Wow… I really survived my 20s. The all-nighters, the heartbreak, the broke moments, the glow-ups, the comebacks, the “what was I thinking?” decisions… and somehow, grace carried me all the way to this quiet, beautiful Sunday morning. To everyone who’s been part of this journey — my family who raised me right (most of the time 😏), my friends who turned into family, the ones who prayed for me, laughed with me, and sometimes had to drag me back to my senses — thank you. You didn’t j...

Horllyworld Music Newsletter: Wrapping Up 2024 & Welcoming December with Victor Horlly

As the year 2024 winds down, Victor Horlly's musical journey has been nothing short of extraordinary. From inspiring releases to powerful performances, his music has resonated with fans across the globe. Let's take a moment to reflect on his incredible achievements and look forward to a December filled with hope, joy, and more music. A Year of Milestones Victor began 2024 with a bang, dropping hits like " Another Banger " and " JOO S'OLUWA ." His ability to blend meaningful lyrics with captivating beats set the tone for what was to come. As the year progressed, we witnessed the release of tracks like " Fisher Man ," "Word of Diamond," and the soul-lifting " Jehovah My Helper ." Each song brought a new depth to his artistry, showcasing his versatility and commitment to spreading positivity through music. Visuals That Speak Volumes Victor’s music videos have been equally impactful. From the heartfelt " Familiarity " ...

Victor Osimhen to Stay in Italy? Juventus Eyes a Bold Move Despite Rivals

Victor Osimhen’s transfer saga continues to grab headlines as new developments hint at a possible move to Juventus, despite prior links with Chelsea and Manchester United. Here’s a breakdown of the current situation: 1. Current Club Situation: Osimhen is currently on a season-long loan at Galatasaray following a strained relationship with Napoli and coach Antonio Conte. The fallout began after Napoli's social media team mocked him, leading to his exclusion from the squad. Although he’s thriving in Turkey with eight goals in 10 games, his future remains uncertain .                   join our channel 2. Juventus' Interest : Juventus has emerged as a surprise contender for Osimhen. Their interest comes amidst competition from Chelsea, who failed to secure him during the summer, and Manchester United. However, Juventus faces challenges, including financial constraints and fierce rivalry with Napoli, making a deal comp...